Here are some helpful seasonal ordinances to assist you in maintaining your property.
- Sec. 78-13: Noxious weeds, dense growth – owner or occupant of the land may not have grass, noxious weeds, vegetation, dead weeds, grass or brush, a height greater than six inches on average or any accumulation.
- Sec. 62-19: Leaving, depositing, spilling, etc., material on streets – No person shall throw, scatter, drop, any earthly (grass/leaves), refuse, brick, stone, filth, or any other loose material in any street, alley, or public place, nor shall a person allow this occur from a vehicle while hauling.
- Sec. 813: Storage of recreation equipment or trailers – recreational equipment or trailers shall be stored or parked in a garage or carport, beyond the nearest portion of a building to the street. The recreational equipment or trailer may be parked anywhere on the residential premise for no longer than 48 hours, for loading or unloading purposes, or for a period of one week for the purpose of repairs or maintenance. The recreational equipment may not be used for living, or sleeping while at the residence. The recreational equipment may not have fixed water, electrical, sewer, or gas connection while being stored at the residence. Recreational equipment or trailers may be stored on a side yard providing it does not eliminate light or air circulation to the adjoining properties. Recreational vehicle or trailers must be good repair and currently licensed.
- Sec. 46-97: Removal of shopping carts - Any person may not remove shopping carts from the premise of any grocery store, supermarket, store, in the city, regardless of intent. It is unlawful for any person to abandon any shopping cart on any street, alley or public place within the city of Center Line.
- Penalty for a violation of a local ordinance is at the discretion of the 37th District Court Center Line, but maybe punishable by a fine of not more than $500.00, costs of the prosecution or by imprisonment of not more than 90 days in the county jail.
*** The above information is a brief summary of our local ordinances. See full description under “City Ordinances”.