Bus Tickets--Center Line Residents
SMART Bus Ticket Distribution
Tickets will be available for pick-up at City Hall beginning Monday, September 14th, 2015. Hours 10:00 am - 4:00. The following is a list of guidlines and eligibility requirements in order to receive bus tickets. Please read carefully before picking up your tickets.
NO BUS TICKETS WILL BE ISSUED ON WEDNESDAYS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Bus tickets shall only be provided to City of Center Line residents who are age 65 or older or are disabled.
- Residency shall be confirmed by valid government issued photo ID that lists the resident's address within the city.
- Age shall be confirmed by a valid government issued photo ID that lists the resident's date of birth.
- Disability shall be confirmed by a Social Security disability determination letter or a SMART reduced fare ID card.
- Tickets shall not be issued to individuals not able to produce the necessary identification.
- You must pick up your own tickets.
- Tickets will not be held or reserved.
- No one shall be permitted to claim tickets for anyone else.
- Tickets will be issued on a First Come First Serve basis.
If you have any questions or need further information, please see the Clerks at City Hall, or Call 586-757-6800
Adult Pool League
Register at Parks & Recreation, space is limited
8 Ball League begins Tues. September 15 at 10 a.m. Join the group and play 8 ball. We provide the coffee you provide the fun. Cost is $5 Residents $7 Non Residents
9 Ball League begins Wed. September 16 at 10 a.m. Join the group and play 9 ball. We provide the coffee you provide the fun. Cost is $5 Residents $7 Non Residents
Seniors are welcome anytime during business hours for pool playing at the Recreation Center. The regulars are looking for new faces to join them. NO FEE, JUST FUN!
MACOMB COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Society of Active Retires
Services & Transportation
Center Line Parks & Recreation, in cooperation with Warren Parks and Recreation, offers a curb-to-curb senior transportation service. This service helps seniors and handicapped persons remain independent for life. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT DRIVERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE VEHICLE TO ASSIST PASSENGERS IN ANY WAY.
Hours of Bus Operation—Monday thru Friday 9 am—3 pm
Transportation Office Hours—Monday thru Friday 8 am—3 pm
Who is Eligible for Transportation: Any Center Line or Warren resident 55 years of age or older or handicapped individuals of any age.
- All trips must be scheduled through the dispatcher at (586) 268-0551
- Please make your requests for trips at least 2 days but not more than two calendar weeks in advance.
- 1st Tuesday of the month: Meijer
- Every Wednesday: Meijer
- Every other Thursday: Bus travels to area malls on a rotating basis (Macomb, Universal & Oakland).
Center Line residents pay a $2.00 round trip fee.
Individual appointments are taken for Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday and Fridays ONLY. Service area is within the cities of Center Line or Warren or within one mile outside of the city of Warren. Center Line residents pay a $4.00 round trip fee.
- Medical appointments must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance.
All appointments need to be concluded by 2 p.m. OTHERWISE YOU MUST MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS FOR TRANSPORTATION HOME.
Chore Service Program
The Senior Citizen Chore Service program is for persons age 60 and older who are residents of targeted areas in southern Macomb County and who are eligible. Center Line Residents call 586-469-5012.
YOU MUST CALL EACH YEAR TO BE PLACED ON THE SNOW & GRASS LISTS...WE DO NOT CARRY PEOPLE OVER FROM SEASON TO SEASON OR YEAR TO YEAR ODD JOBS/SPECIAL PROJECTS During the months of November thru March, Chore Service does the following types of jobs. It may be necessary for you to purchase materials.
Minor Plumbing * Replace Locks * Minor Electrical
Change Furnace Filters * Install Smoke Alarms * Carpet Cleaning
Clean Gutters * Change Storms/Screens
Seasonal services are currently available in Center Line, Roseville, St. Clair Shores, Eastpointe, Warren and Clinton Twp. Service is limited and may be granted on a priority basis for those determined to be in the “greatest economic or social need.”
To be put on our Snow Removal List you MUST call between August 15th and October 15th. You will receive a letter of confirmation near the beginning of December. Once you receive the letter it is NOT necessary to call when it snows. Snow removal is usually performed after a snowfall of THREE (3) or more inches. Under normal conditions, snow is cleared within one to 5 days of snowfall.
To be put on our Grass Cutting List you MUST call between February 1st and March 15th. If your name is placed on the Grass List you will receive a letter of confirmation before grass cutting season begins. It is NOT necessary to call again for grass cutting. It will be cut approximately once every two (2) weeks, weather permitting. Grass cutting generally begins the first of May and continues through September. Please remember we are NOT a landscaping service. For other jobs such as trimming bushes, you must call so a job request can be taken and scheduled.