Ebooks: OverDrive Digital Downloads
Download books, music, videos, and audio books to your computer, smartphone, e-reader, tablet, MP3 player, or other device through the Library! Check out titles for 14 days at a time. When the time is up the book is no longer available, so there are no overdue fines!Does your device work with OverDrive?
How to Borrow Ebooks
1. Create an Amazon.com account if you do not already have one and register your device.
2. Visit http://slc.lib.overdrive.com. You will need your library card number and your PIN. (If you do not know your PIN you may need to go to the library in person--call the library at 586-758-8274 for help).
3. Checkout books--the site will direct you to Amazon.com and deliver your book to your Kindle.
4. If you have to transfer via cable, click here for instructions.
5. You can return books early or delete them by going to your Amazon account under Manage Your Kindle. You cannot delete borrowed titles from the device itself.
1. Create a Barnes & Noble account if you do not already have one and register your device.
2. Download Adobe Digital Editions.
3. Create an Adobe ID.
4. Authorize your computer and your device (the computer will automatically prompt you to do this when you download your first library ebook by asking you to enter your Adobe ID.
5. Visit http://slc.lib.overdrive.com
6. Make sure to check out only EPUB format of ebooks. (MP3 audio books will also work on your Nook).
7. Check out a book and download it.
8. Adobe Digital Editions will open automatically. If your Nook does not show up on the screen, try unplugging and plugging the device back in, or opening and closing Adobe Digital Editions.
9. In Adobe Digital Editions, click on the book title and drag it to your Nook.
10. You can return books early or delte titles in Adobe Digital Editions by right clicking on the title. You cannot delete borrowed titles from the device itself.
1. Download iTunes and create an account if you do not already have one.
2. Download the OverDrive Media Console.
3. Visit http://slc.lib.overdrive.com
4. Make sure to download WMA and MP3 files that are compatible with the Apple iPod.
5. Plug in your iPod cable and Transfer the book to your iPod. You may need to adjust manual settings for spoken word files.
6. You will have to delete the files from iTunes when you are done listening to the book.